Thursday, May 30, 2013

Introduction about me!


Hi!!

My name is Rebecca or for short Becky, I am 21, and this is my summer blog for EDU 100.  I will be a senior this fall and it has been a long road to get here and I am very excited to get to this point.  I want to be an Elementary School teacher focused on math and science.  Many students tend to struggle early in these two subjects and I want to open their eyes and minds to new ways of thinking and to give them a great experience.
This is a view from my work.

I have a two year old son who I love to teach new things to everyday. During my time off from school I love to hang with my son and fiancé, and take my son to the park.  I work long hours at a yacht club in the restaurant section as a supervisor/host and assistant bar manger. I love my job and think of making that a summer job when I become a teacher.  I may not get a lot of teaching experience to children but I teach high school and college student at my work everyday. 
One big thing I have learned by having a kid myself is you can teach them things everyday but one day they are going to turn around and teach you something, because its really sad when your two year old shows you how to turn on your new tv!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment